Saturday 28 June 2008

It's All About Me



OK, here goes. I can put off this Six Random Things About Me post no longer.

I've been tagged a few times (the latest by Victoria) but I'm going to tweak it a bit (because I'm lazy. There you go! Seven random things.....) so I'm dispensing with the rules and everyone else has been tagged I reckon.

Freckles. Lots of them. All of my children have them too, but none as many as me. I don't mind them, never have done, but it does mean I do not tan. At all.

Food. Oh, I love food so much. To the point of gluttony (hence the need to lose at least two stone. And no, it's not baby weight). I was an incredibly fussy eater as a child; I remember sitting next to my anxious mother while the doctor reassured her that a diet of crisps would not harm me. So take heed, parents of fussy children.

Only child. Yep, that's me. And while I grew up next to my best friend, also a singleton, and so did not have a lonely childhood, it is when you're older that you feel the lack of siblings. All those unspoken dreams, expectations plus the deaths and divorces that you have to shoulder on your own.

Tandem skydive. No I shall not be repeating this, although it was pure exhilaration. And no, for the record, everyone could not hear me screaming as I exited the plane. That is just a nasty rumour.

Breastfeeding and Home Education. Now I sound like an old hippy, which I'm not. But I've done both, with varying success. Very good at the former and feel quite passionate about it. Have been asked to consider becoming a breastfeeding counsellor. Not very good at the latter but don't get me started on the school system, of which we are now well and truly a part of.

Accident prone. With myself and belongings. That new roof box we've only just bought? Me (I forgot it was on the roof). Those marks on my arms? Battle scars from the Aga. Scar on my left foot? Dropped a heavy knife, point down. No, I wasn't wearing shoes. Or socks. That'll teach me.

I have to say this has been the hardest post to write by far. And contains absolutely nothing about gardening!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - I stuggled with mine as well and it is definately harder than writing about gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it's not about gardening, but so much of your post is about nurturing. Even the accident-prone bit: you probably wouldn't have the Aga scars and knife accidents if you weren't busy cooking and looking after people. It's probably that side of you that makes you a good gardener. (That's enough cod psychology, Victoria, shut up...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for breastfeeding! WIC wanted me to be a counselor, but I couldn't be away from my nursling to do the training (crazy I know, that it was required)...I've breastfed for nearly 8 years of my life (#4 is turning 2 soon and has no interest in stopping). I just had to comment on that =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mrs Be - you may have found it hard to write, but I've enjoyed finding out just a little bit more about you.

    Re gardening club ideas, can you extend your brief to give them things to make as well e.g. fun labels for what's growing in the beds and any plants they might be taking home with them such as those nasturtiums? I've got loads of ideas culled from gardening mags if you're interested - just leave me a message on Blotanical.

    ReplyDelete